Behind every important investigative story there's an amazing editor whose crucial contributions often go unheralded. As part of the kickoff of ProPublica's Investigative Editor Training Program, we're inviting three such editors to discuss their award-winning work and to give practical advice on pursuing editing careers. They'll provide behind-the-scenes looks at some of the most important investigative stories in recent years and at how they managed to overcome barriers that have kept so many women and people from diverse backgrounds out of investigative journalism.
Seating is limited. RSVP here to secure your spot.
- Graciela Mochkofsky, Craig Newmark School of Journalism at CUNY, dean (welcome)
- Mary Rajkumar, Associated Press, international investigative editor
- Patricia Wen, Boston Globe, Spotlight editor
- Trish Wilson, Washington Post, investigative projects editor
- Ginger Thompson, ProPublica, chief of correspondents (moderator)
This event has ended.